Sunday, August 2, 2015

#ActingAllCool



What is it like to be in love?What is it like to consciously avoid it like I do ?

Waking up on a beautiful rainy sunday morning like today and stepping out in the balcony for a brief second alone, and then realizing how bad you need her there on that spot at that very moment. So you go to her and try to cuddle her out from the sheet as she lashes out her soft yet subtle resent. You drag her out to the balcony where two cups of tea are ready.

This doesn't happen with me.

So I step out of the balcony and then get in front of the mirror checking out my new shirt, whistling.#ActingAllCool

When you are sitting for hours in a relatively dark patch of the library and one of those friends you make in library with whom you never really speak to but acknowledge each others dependence on books, gets up and parts a shade for you and suddenly your dark corner is filled with foggy beautiful rainy evening sunlight. You want to just turn your head around and reach out to her and kiss her to celebrate this moment. You will never tell her why, you will just kiss.

This doesn't happen with me

So I just close the book I am reading and pick up a magazine instead, humming #ActingAllCool

When you are walking a street and you see this little girl walking with her dad, suddenly breaking into a very happy dance. I don't know what is it about little girls and their breaking into a happy dance at random points. Its the happiest sight in the whole world. So you see this little girl and the heart is overwhelmed with joy to the extent that its uncontrollable. So at this point you just reach out to your love and hold her hands.It would be impossible to live that moment without holding her hands. Of course, you don't tell her why you holding her hands, its just holding hands right?

This doesn't happen with me.

So I just walk a little faster and give a little twitch to the pony tail of the little girl , or I make an airplane with my hand and make it fly just above her head making a mean machine sound. The little child breaks out a very loud giggle and ducks. I know the child is looking at me and smiling but I dont look back at her. I cant #ActingAllCool

Its amazing how when you are in love you see beauty in little mundane things. It amzing how when you are consciously avoiding it, you still see the beauty but this time its like caution. Like spotting enemy snipers and then making efforts to avoid it.
But we are the same, those in love and those who avoid it. We see it.

We see it all.


#QuixoticQuagmires


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails